3/23/10

You ever have one of those days/weeks/months

You ever spend a couple days with a nagging feeling you forgot something and you aren't sure what. I knew it wasn't earth shattering but I knew, I just KNEW I forgot something. It kept me awake for two nights because I just couldn't think of it. What it was...was posting my project for 52 projects - see below...
But first, my squares for the day. This is a coffee cup from a bird's eye view. Today I drank my coffee - three cups and didn't eat anything and by 11:30 the acid was running rampant in my stomach - and I almost...but not quite had to... well you know...throw up...I thought I might have to do it right in front of my horrified class...no worries...I made it. I love my coffee, I love Folgers and I love fancy coffee and I just love the warm yummy smell, and I put up with the occasional acid because it is so darn comforting.
For my nature square, grass!
We have already had to cut it twice this year (I say 'we' but I mean 'he'). It makes us sneeze and it smells so much like spring.


Now, my project for the week. Saturday was National Quilting Day, which thanks to my cousin Katie I remembered. And, I really wanted to celebrate it...
To Do:
Add a gadget to my blog (oops, didn't do it again)
Celebrate National Quilting Day
SO I headed down to my sewing room and started digging around. I had put all my in process projects away before Christmas. SO I dug out this quilt that just was not working. I love, love the background fabric - it is bras. Anyway, it stunk...so I decided to fix it.
Here is the before:
These flowers are not good...
But, I like these much better. I am trying to figure out how to create a look I have in my brain...this is much closer than before but not exactly there - still way better. And, the best part is I spent several hours alone in my sewing room enjoying some creative wistfulness.

3 comments:

  1. Yep...I get that "I've forgotten something" feeling quite often...it drives my kids crazy!
    No nature sampler would be complete without grass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late for 52 Projects!

    I like the "new" flowers better. They give it a much more open and inviting feel. Bras are fun too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must agree that the first flowers had the unfortunate luck to look a bit like breasts with nipples. I do LOVE the bra fabric. You always have the best fabric.
    xos

    ReplyDelete