3/14/10

My passion

I loved my little block yesterday so much - the house (see yesterday's post) and that was because it was more quilting than embroidery - and I LOVE TO QUILT. So, I thought I better commemorate that on my squares. This is my favorite block. Can't recall the name but I have used it in many quilts.
I don't have much time to quilt these days but I am working on carving out time because I realized recently how important it is to me.

For my nature squares, I made a spiderweb and a bumble bee. I wasn't going to put a spider in the web, cuz I don't like spiders at all! But then it seemed wrong not to - still creepy though. The bee needs some work - when you see these 1 inch blocks blown up, every flaw shows and you gotta make changes - so watch for him to come back
around a little but improved. Maybe I can add fuzz to the gaps in his body or something and the wings just don't look right.
Have a great Sunday and take a nap to make up for that lost hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment