3/27/10

Day 26

Okay, this first square is a dilemma for me to explain.
It might be a portrait of me as a child - I was fair haired and all... or
it occurred to me that it might be my dream of a daughter.
I have two wonderful sons that I treasure but in me there is an unanswered prayer for a daughter...so maybe it is my daughter, I don't know.
Thanks to Amy who created 39 squares for giving me the idea to create some sort of portrait in my squares.



I am posting this a day late and both of these squares are from yesterday - this one was inspired
from an art lesson I gave yesterday. I taught all 110 3rd graders at my school about pysanky eggs. We watched a video and then a demo and then I showed them how to create a paper version. They tumbled off to their own rooms and started creating. A few days ago I spoke about how we don't often have time for art and projects but I was given the gift of being able to share this project yesterday. This is why I teach. It filled my cup to the brim. I want to give credit to the person who first taught me paper pysanky - Shari Mann - thanks


Finally, a nature square - I think I am so far behind on these squares that I won't even count anymore. Recently I pulled out a stitchery book I had purchased at Half Price Books (best place) and it had an embroidery section. I thought I was remembering all the stitches but it turned out there were a ton more I have never even tried. So
this is one I found in there - it is specifically for leaves and I used a variegated thread. I love it!

Well, gotta go decorate for Easter - it snuck up on me this year...

1 comment:

  1. I really love these squares, and I appreciate them all the more because they are something I couldn't begin to do. They're really so fantastic -- inspiring, humor-filled, warm, humble yet profound. So cool.

    ReplyDelete