3/28/10

52 Projects - Week 10

Week 10
To DO
  • add a gadget to my blog - kind of finally did that by using the new draft version of blogger and changing my background and layout - yeah - I can take that off the list
  • Easter - snuck up on me! So I decorated and then made some crafts - On Amy Powers blog Inspireco she showed how to create decorative eggs using plastic eggs - so I got out our box filled with many years and colors of eggs...
What ensued was an incredible mess of glue and ripped paper - I had a hard time deciding what to rip up to create my eggs. Don't know why I pick stuff up at yard sales to craft with and then think I shouldn't use it...weird!
Anyway, I covered many eggs - some with music, some with a children's book about a duck, others with brown tissue paper, french dictionary pages, and paisley tissue - it was a gluecatastrophe of major proportions - seriously I have never been known for working clean and this was beyond anything you can imagine. I am still scrapping paper bits off the rug, the kitchen table and my clothes.

And that was not the end of it...I had to add ribbon and junk - but the final product was worth it ...

I made these and...


these... and I pulled out an old wheel barrel thing I had...


















it
needed a paint job badly but instead I decided to sand it to look worn and then added some gerbera daisies

52_proj_badge_v2

4 comments:

  1. ~these are so so sweet...l♥♥♥ve the idea...it is rainy here so this could be a perfect project to do with the little ones today!! great job on your blog makeover...sings of spring! brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! like the new look of the blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool. I need to get started on those eggs! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the eggs! and so funny, I too gather materials and then hesitate to use them. But no more! Love the new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete