3/18/10

Late and behind - Day 16 and 17

Casey turned 18 yesterday - a St. Patrick's Day joy! I can't believe both my children are adults - it feels really, really weird.
We had a wonderful celebration and he got the fabulous calculator he had been dreaming of. The square has his name and birth date as well as candles and four leaf clovers - he is our lucky charm for sure - also there is a top hat - my mom and dad met each other on this same date 53 or so years ago at a place in Spokane called the Top Hat - they were celebrating last night too!



This block is left over from the 16th (I made two that day). This is another of my favorites: Lily of the Valley - so pretty - never been able to get it to grow in my yard - and oh have I tried. I will never forget in Hungary or was it Italy? getting a splendid bouquet.






For my nature square, I have added thistle - I love thistle even though I am from farm country where it is considered a noxious weed - maybe it is everywhere? Anyway, I love it - do you think it needs a haircut - or at least some mousse to tame it? - I will have to work on that it is kinda hairy scary right now.
SO that puts me one day behind - will have to catch-up on the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love your Lilly of the Vally and thistle flower/artichoke? Gorgeous work!!!

    With Kindness,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~birthday wishes for your l♥ved one...amazing how fast time passes and how quickly they grow...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have quite the fabulous little sampler when you are through! Love the pencil, so yellow, so you. (Remember at Camp H when those certain ones just didn't get it, or us?
    But back to you and your sampler. The 3/17 square is amazing so much detail so much history. Who needs geneaology!
    xos

    ReplyDelete
  4. In France they give bouquets of Lilly of the Valley for May Day! Love the thistle, it makes me think of my daughter in Scotland, and a great square for Casey too! I know you are bursting with pride for your two fabulous sons! It is so cool to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Isn't this embroidered square challenge fun? Your squares are amazing!! They have so much detail, they must be bigger than just one inch. ?? (I made mine 1.5 inches) I really like your thistle. I did a thistle the other day too, but I love YOURS! I hope you don't mind if I get inspired by your quilt block square... I do a bit of quilting too, and I don't know why I didn't even think to put some quilt blocks in this sampler yet. So I'll probably try to include a couple.

    ReplyDelete