3/14/10

Liberty of London Lust and 52 Projects 6, 7, 8


52 PROJECTS

To Do List:
6. Wait patiently for Liberty of London to come to Target.
7. Make chili like the stuff from Oklahoma on the Food Channel
8. Clean up my embroidery act.
9. Bonus project
10. Add another gadget to my website

Here are the fabulous cups I bought this morning at Target. I love Liberty of London Fabric - any quilter does, as it has such a beautiful hand - I have a very small few pieces of this fabric - it is UBER expensive.


I also purchased these cute bowls (melamine) and behind them you can see the file folder set I snagged.

I had seen other items on the advertisement, but couldn't find several things - and the shelves looked picked over. I got there at 9:30 and couldn't figure this out? As I continued to look, I saw this woman with her cart HEAPED with LofL products - HEAPED. And she had all of some of the stuff. Secretly I hoped she might wonder away from her cart...no, not really. I do wish I had a camera as it was comical. I did end up fulfilling a bonus to-do: They had LofL dresses that were gorgeous - and I bought one for Casey's graduation! Yeah - taken care of! CHECK


Next, I saw some chili made in a diner in Oklahoma on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. As an aside - I love Guy Fieri - that's him over there.
He is funny and he cooks more than just white colored food!
I didn't take a picture of the chili because I am still waiting for it to be done. You boil the meat part for 3 hours and I decided to make beans from dried too. And that takes about 5 hours. My house smells wonderful. Will let you know if it tasted good. Planning on using the left over beans to make bean cakes - a wonderful source of fiber!



I saved this project for last! My embroidery floss is a white hot mess. I used to cross stitch and then I had all this floss. I kept it in plastic bags and just let it turn into a nest of string all tangled up - I hate to admit that I had to buy a new hoop because I couldn't untangle the TWO I had from the web. Now I could have just cut them out, but I hate to waste. So, I spent a few surprisingly relaxing hours untangling the floss. Now as I continue the 39 square project I can do it in an organized fashion. Feels good.
Check out the after.



It was a big step for me to put the floss cards in the boxes in non-numerical order (old cross stitching habit). I decided they would be way more useful in color families. You can see I still have a few skeins to wrap but I will do those when I am watching TV so as not to have idle hands.

With that, I did not finish my other to-do which is to add some gadget and get a background, etc. etc., that will have to wait for next week.

I now consider myself caught up with the rest of the folk over at 52 projects.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! I love the cups. I can only imagine how gorgeous the fabric is from this company. I'll bet the chili turned out fantastic and your floss organization is beyond impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that's like a month's worth of goings on; good for you. Hey, this gives me another excuse to hit my local Target. And I didn't know it was called embroidery "floss". I love finding out about things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one heck of a before and after. Looks great. And the chili sounds great. Love good chili!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I love colors and I bought lots of skeins when I was younger just so I could have a box full of color like your after picture! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, busy bee! I love those cups. I have a mild obsession with coffee cups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liberty at Target? OMG...I can hardly believe it. It just doesn't seem right LOL
    I popped over from the 39 squares blog...love the way your project is growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you snagged of L of L. I was thinking about you. BTW, I copied our pattern last week and am now looking for the pattern ENVELOPE!! Do you want me to send the pattern pieces on without it?
    Me, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you untangled all of that. I would have gone crazy in 30 seconds. You are so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy cow! you are my hero! what a beautifully inspiring sight (i have a extra bedroom door permanently sealed shut because of the chaos that lurks within)

    and don't you dare buy out all the Liberty of London goodies before I get to Target!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project cleaning up your embroidery floss. Looks fantastic and so easy to find and use everything. Colours is definitely a good way of sorting them!

    ReplyDelete