3/9/10

Ode to the New York Crossword

Today I had to laugh when I was picking up stuff beside my bed. There were 10 poor New York Times crosswords, undone, rejected,unfilled in destiny!
Since I started the 39 squares project I haven't had time at the end of the day to answer even one clue...
Until then, I had used the crossword to sort of use the last of my energy so I could fall asleep. Since I started stitching, I can barely fit in my usual duties and stitching let alone a crossword. I fall into bed and sleep deeply.
Amazing what a little self-expression can do for you!

For my nature block I did sweet violets - don't know what made me think of them, but once I did I couldn't deny them. They were a flower in my family's yard as I grew up - we only saw them for a few short days each year. Why? you ask? Well, they would sprout up around the trees in the front yard and my dad or my brothers would mow them down (yes it was the 70s and boys did outside work), this was followed by gnashing of teeth by my mother and hopes that they would come back...they did...they were mowed. Why can't men see the beauty in front of them? Well, not all men.

2 comments: