3/6/10

Back to New York


After a whirlwind visit home, Toby has headed back to New York and more Juilliard. Do you ever think about this: when does a child stop 'coming home' and it turns into a simple visit to our home? How will I know and will it hurt? Like becoming real (Velveteen Rabbit). So we got up at an awfully early hour - I have discovered I don't cry as much if I am dog tired...and took him off to the airport. My block is a tear and glass towers. I think he loves NY, I know he loves what he is doing and learning.

FIXING DAY 5
Turns out fixing the square from Day 5 was not as hard as I thought. I just needed to embrace that I was not making a lovely sampler like most the other participants. Let me stop here and say that if you haven't gone to see other people's squares you should - they are amazing and most remind me of the coming spring.
http://39squares.blogspot.com/
But mine seems to have taken another turn. After the first block I realized I was making a journal of sorts. When that became clear I realized the way to fix the Day 5 block was to do what I wanted to do with it - add a fish!

Do all Christian religions celebrate Lent with fish? Fish is a weird thing to allow us to eat - no meat but it is okay to kill a fish - I'm Catholic so of course I don't read the bible, but still... what is that about? Anyway my fishy is so glad to be swimming among the seaweed.

This is Day 6 of my nature squares - leaves - one of my favorite things to draw, collect and just be amazed at.
ros

4 comments:

  1. These squares are amazing...love the nature theme and all of your thought and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lov the fishy square, am really enjoying doing this and meeting so many greyt people too
    hugs
    joan in italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I'm doing Stitch-a-Long with you. I wanted to go through and visit everyone and leave a comment if I love what you're doing...and I love what you're doing!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind comments - I am enjoying seeing all of your creativity too - each night when I get home from work the first thing I do is look at what everyone else has done - fabulous!
    ros

    ReplyDelete