3/7/10

52 PROJECTS - projects 2,3, 4, and 5

52_proj_badge_v2
Projects to do:
  1. Procrastinate effectively
  2. Cook anything from Julia Child
  3. Learn to use the alphabet on my sewing machine to create a shower gift
  4. Start the 39 square project and keep up

1. Procrastinate effectively - I have been writing report cards and it gets tedious (I am an elementary teacher). So after 16 1/2 report cards I decided to stop and make the pretzels my niece Elisabeth (13) gave me the recipe for. Very easy, a good distraction. She served hers with melted American cheese but I haven't had any for many years, so we had ours with mustard - yum - thanks Elisabeth! You rock. Do mine look like yours?
Really I am not sure if the pretzels or the report cards are the successful finished project.

2. Cook anything by Julia Child - it seems to be the thing to do! SO Toby challenged me to make something new and he proceeded to choose Coq au Vin - which he can pronounce but I cannot. SO I made it on a weeknight... a weeknight - it is complicated and it takes a WHOLE bottle of wine - luckily I got one glass and made the chicken suffer without a few ounces. It was tasty but did I say it was complicated and the chicken was purple - that was hard to get past especially without wine. Glad I tried it but that will probably be the last of Coq Auanything at my house.
BTW - this is not my Coq au Vin - I forgot to take a picture so this is Julia's
3. Learn to use the alphabet on my sewing machine to create a shower gift - so you have to be a teacher to get this gift. We have to write objectives for everything we teach and so Kalisa, another teacher came up with this idea to objectize spit rags. Like I said if you are a teacher, it is funny, if not, probably weird. I did learn after much trial how to program my machine to write words - yeah for that.

4. Start the 39 square project and keep up - so far so good - you can see my work below - I have kept up and even started a second sampler - I am loving seeing other talented people's work everyday.
SO, I am catching up - only 2 projects behind now - we will see how this week goes.

9 comments:

  1. Way to go Roz! I am so proud of you! And I love, love, love the objective spit here rags :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to catch up quickly. So...why the spit rags?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some pretzels! I am also trying to do squares for a granny afghan... let's hope we keep doing our squares :) What kind of sampler are you talking? I want to do a traditional sampler with the tree of life, bunnies, peacocks, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list of projects! I've especially been wanting to learn how to sew more decorative touches with my machine. The problem is that my machines are old (they used to belong to my Grandmother)and they don't have all the bells and whistles that the newer ones do. I guess if I was a really dedicated sewer, I would buy something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the spit rags! Not so cool with purple chicken but need the pretzel recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... Ros? You're too industrious. If you split up the last post into separate entries, you'd be all caught up. (This is one reason why I am not successful -- minimum effort for maximum 'credit') Anyway, I love your "squares". An pretzels look delicious as does Julia's chicken. As I said: you did three projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are some great projects!! I have a recipe for that chicken (short form) on my blog...maybe you could try that one (i haven't yet actually but I definitely will when i get a bottle of wine - and i will certainly drink 1/2 of it.) sorry i think it's a waste using a whole bottle and European has much cheaper wine than here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all of you for your comments - sounds like I should add the pretzel recipe to my blog for you all - will do that tonight
    Mr B the spit rags were for a teacher's baby shower - I am certain all teachers give their children a clear and obtainable set of objectives! Hey, and have you started a sampler yet?
    Erika - the squares in my sampler are 1 inch - I love granny squares but can't crochet to say my life - I tense up too much!
    Jane - it sounds like you have a great excuse to buy a new machine - a girl needs lettering
    Kablooey - I love the way you think! I too like tons of credit
    Shelle - I don't know what I was thinking giving so much of the wine to the chicken - I will be much smarter next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the spit rags! LOL And the pretzels look mmmm... Great idea using mustard! 3 projects in one week!

    ReplyDelete