4/5/10

Squares

Happy Belated Easter to you all - we dyed eggs and had a grand time Eastering.

I haven't had much time to embroider until today and on my squares I am to the point where it is really just some final decisions and repair work.

First, I fixed my ode to Vincent Van Gogh - from his birthday on March 30. He would have been horrified at my first square - this is much more in keeping with his swirly style...

And then I finally made a decision about the last four squares - I wanted my sampler to only go through the month of March so I had to have the last squares sort of work together... don't be surprised if they look different tomorrow because there is another idea nagging at me...

I am working on finishing touches - sewing back on broken beads and repairing poor choices - and adding a border...


4 comments:

  1. Your new and improved VAn Gogh square is wonderful! And I have to tell you that I love your caterpillar from your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved following your squares, Maybe you should do 50 for your birthday, this summer. :) By the way, your pretzels looked really good, I hope you share the recipe. I can taste the mustard and pretzel, already. I also hope you will post a picture of your entire squares :) I'm in the process of making a list of ones I'd like to do for my sewing room.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~so l♥vely how you fixed up your van gogh...and your egg so sweet...i l♥ve seeing your squares each day and what a beautiful piece it will be all put together...well wishes and blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous!!
    I will miss your 39 squares blog.
    What's next?

    ReplyDelete