4/3/10

Catch up and mustard on my Nature squares

I got hopelessly behind on my nature squares - mostly because I want to add some realia and can't do that until the end and so I wasn't sure how many squares to do...excuses, excuses...
So, here is my caterpillar - he is one of those green and gray fuzzy kinds the gray thread at the bottom is fringy.

Last weekend when our yard was fit to walk in I did some yard work and uncovered my primroses - why do only the white ones survive year to year? Anyway I am not complaining - I love seeing them stick out among the dead leaves and debris. We have had much rain this week so I will not be stepping into my yard for awhile....


And finally, a butterfly - he looks not quite right but I am going to let him stay - nature is never perfect - or it is perfect in its imperfection?

When I was in the yard last week I saw the most perfectly gray and slimy slug that I will be stitching next - you can't live in the Pacific Northwest and not have a slug on your sampler...

Have a happy Easter and don't eat too many eggs!!! There is never a pleasant outcome...

1 comment:

  1. I am behind on looking at your squares. I Love the caterpillar! you have truly captured his fuzzy glory and slinky movement. I have no idea what kind of comments you really like. And, I know that sometimes (well lots of times) I don't need people to agree with me because I have already done that myself. And, I notice that your butterfly looks more like a caterpillar with wings than a butterfly. I want to give his big butt a push up the branch! Please take this "feedback" in the spirit it was intended! I'll leave that part up to you.

    I'm sorry you are so overwhelmed with teaching. I miss you and hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete