1/29/13

caught the trip around along craze

about two weeks ago i was catching up on my quilting blog reading and after a few i realized i was seeing the same quilt in many places .. i am not sure if it is trip along or trip around...but it is great..so satisfying and quick and A.D.D.I.C.T.I.V.E
i really liked the quilts i was seeing and then discovered a tutorial ... i will link to it as soon as i find it again .. but seriously, everyone who is anyone is doing this :)

i decided to do mine as a color study..so i headed to my sewing room, looked at the shelf and decided to 'study' green as it was the most loaded shelf

i cut a 2 1/2 inch strip from each fabric .. except the hand dyed, woven, and batik pieces...if you see some doubles (i think i counted 3) it is becasue i had 2 pieces of the fabric..

above are the first 16 blocks...6 fabrics per block...big math...i kept sewing and unsewing and even some missewing...turns out i made 36 blocks with 3 strips left over...let me do the math for you 219 fabrics...shocking i know...especially to me...how did i get so many...there isn't one fabric in this quilt that is less than 5 years old...

i think i might need a 12 step program for fabric .. specifically green

i am thinking and have been having dreams about a quilt using all my reds with maybe some ocean blue for contrast...

all 36 blocks are sewn but not to each other...will finish soon

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous and the red with blue will rival this I'm sure. One of these days you and I will sit in the same room with sewing machines humming peacefully and laughter filling our bellies :) Happy Quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. imagine your shelves filled with green fabric. lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete