7/8/10

Crown Cop Out

My challenge was suppose to be to paper piece this block. I don't really understand paper piecing, it takes extra fabric and extra steps - the up side: the block is always perfect. As you can see above I used the paper piecing paper to create templates which I am very comfortable with. My excuse is that is our first day over 90 degrees here in Seattle!!!! I can't learn something new in this heat. SO here is my block:
I am so much more happy with my color choices this time but the photo doesn't portrait the colors very well. The two pieces that look blue are actually teals and gorgeous vibrating against the limes and gold of the print. I haven't decided if I will build on to this block - I like it that when you put a few of the blocks together you get a cross and a frame - doesn't really show in this setting.

1 comment:

  1. ~wonderful...l♥ve the orange fabric...a nice punch of color against the blues...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete