2/27/11

Vintage Swap

since discovering blogs, i have wanted to participate in a swap. but always i a day late, or the swap filled fast, or it was a swap of something I didn't have....

and then i stumbled upon this blog and her swap


so i joined and made my two boxes and sent them off. yesterday, i got a box in return (still waiting on another one) - and it was DELIGHTFUL. beautiful packaging, beautiful contents, just beautiful, and so well planned out...thought i would share it with you

this is the exterior

do you love the little clock handle?

and some details of all the lovely vintage items on the outside ... just the box was enough


she even shredded vintage paper to pack the box in - charming!

the box itself was amazing, and then i pulled the little clock handle and opened a treasure of vintage items ready to be whipped into other projects...

an organza flower



bottles of pearly beads

lace holding millinery stems and a handle all the way from France - ooh laa lah

little velvet sacks filled with chandelier pieces

a wonderful zipper bag filled with unique and interesting buttons

spools of lace and 'paris' crepe paper

each treasure was better than the one before...she even decorated the inside of the box...

thank you susan - this was christmas and my birthday all on an ordinary, rainy day in february.

i will share what i sent, once i am sure the recipients have received them. until then, check out susan's blog - lots of clever ideas

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself to you. I am AJ and I guess we have been grouped together in the Spring Inspiration Matchbox swap. I have sent an email to the address I recieved. Please email me or visit my blog soon so we can exchange addresses. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete