6/28/10

It's that time of year...

Okay so I am embracing the idea that I can write on this every two days - which is way better than every 62 days.

So, what did you think when I said it was that time of year?
Maybe you thought baseball. Here is Casey and I at the Mariner's game last week. The Mariners beat the Cubs - woot woot - was a great game and enjoyed spending it with the family (Toby AND Casey all at once). Have you had garlic fries? - so delicious - thank goodness you can only get them at the ballgame - they are soooo good!!


But, it is not THAT time of you year. This is the time of year when all minds turn towards that wonderful family celebration. No, not the 4th...
Scroll down....



It is that time of year when my mind naturally turns towards the making
of my annual friend ornament for Christmas. Yes, Christmas. If I don't do it now, I won't have time. So tonight while Casey was reading his first college text book (he begged for me to order it so he could start reading for his fall classes - whataguy). So this is experiment one on the friend ornament road. The reason I need so much time is cuz I change my mind so much - none the less I have begun. And that is victory in itself.
So, the bonus is I am using this as my reentry into 52 projects. I haven't even allowed myself to look at anyone else's projects because I felt so bad I wasn't doing any - but I am working on the back on trackin'.

4 comments:

  1. ~welcome back!! happy to see you writing again...i think you can never start to early for christmas~yule planning...as quickly as it passes it comes again...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Good to see you again. Sounds like the family is doing very well, and it sure is nice to hear that you have more time for projects now. I've missed seeing your squares. The ornament looks very good. As a Chanukah observer, I really miss out on ornaments, and I love them. I'm thinking I may just finally succumb and get a "Chanukah bush" so Moochie and I can start to collect ornaments and make them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I see folding & pinking, what will it be.....looks interesting already! I too, change my mind 3 or 4 times & have to put the project aside to look at for a few days & then 'sometimes' inspiration just hits.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Ros. I see those creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete